Monday, August 31, 2009

TaTa Moments.

Recently after 26 years I swam with a kick board. It meant the world to me. I was 16 the last time I swam and I did not learn to swim until I was 15. It felt so good not to have given up. I joked with my girls it will be another 26 years before I do this again. I think all of us have something we need to get better at or overcome. It is often been at the right place at the right time, believing in yourself and often just listening to God's voice talking to us.
I thought how many times I missed out but it is very true it is better to have tried, than never have tried.
My two daughters both took a little while to learn to ride their bikes but they never gave up.
My daughter Emily plays the flute and practises and practises she keeps trying.
My husband Tim always wanted to make something out of wood and he made a very good step for my mum's house.
All have one thing in common a TaTa moment. It is a moment when we overcome our fears.
If we daily give our fears to God how much better would life be how many moments would be TaTa It is not easy and it might take a long time but better to have tried than never tried at all.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

1 comment:

  1. well said!
    Everything you write Lis is a 'tata' moment :-)
    Cant wait for my next 'tata' painting moment. I've still got hours of work to put into my current painting..wish it were finished now.

    ReplyDelete