Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Voids in our hearts.


In life, we all have said things that we shouldn't of said or perhaps done something we regret. The thing is with life, God is very clear that the things that we do in secret will be shown. Not just shown but truly shown where our heart was at that time. Recently, something was bought up about a friend's past. It is so true, your past will haunt you unless you are honest and deal with it. Your past is always there. You can never hide from it, but you can deal with it. I know, for myself, that I have had to face many mountains about my past. Did I want to? No, but I knew I had to. It was only through God's grace that I moved forward. I will be honest, I had issues with my dad for years, but I wish him well today even though there was a time I did not wish him well at all. However, that does not mean I don't cry a few tears, and I wish that my dad could of seen what he was missing. I do know that life has left voids in my life that only God can heal. My dad is God's problem, and I leave him for God to sort out.
I don't know where you are today, but the first step is being honest. The next step is allowing God into that situation. I might be sad about my dad, but I often imagine God dancing with me, twirling me around like a little girl, and in those moments, there are voids of just peace and a thankfulness that God loves me as His daughter. It might take a little bit at a time, but God can heal all our wounds. I have no doubt.
My sister took this photo. She had just got the camera, and so unfortunately, her thumb got in the way. I was four years old.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment