Monday, August 10, 2009

Last days.


In April, my brother lost his wife to cancer. When my daughter was three, I think, my husband lost his Gran. Every day people die. Some are sudden and some we have warnings about. My brother has found it very hard to move on. I do not know his pain or the pain that my husband's family felt. But as I reflect on the last days before my children go back to school. I wonder how Jesus felt? He knew from early on that He came to die. I mean how sad to be honest. We all cry when we hear about someone dying, but Christ really knew for so long. Yet He kept going because He loved us that much. I cannot imagine so much love for people. In saying that, I really think what do we do for Christ? I sit here and do my blog,I go to church, I read, but He gave so much more. I used to be in drama, kids ministry and street preaching. But I felt burnt out, and I stopped.But He never stopped even when He must have been weary. No words can bring back a person, but words and kindness can save a soul. Perhaps fewer words have more impact. I mean, Christ said few words and look, here we are today. I often wish I could take back my many words. The last time I spoke to his wife, I remember, her and I talking about Christ. At my husband's Gran's funeral it was all to His glory. So my thought for the day is to let our life be for His glory. We don't know when our last day might be. I make mistakes all the time, but when it is all said and done, I want to say, "I tried to listen, I tried my best, and to Him be the glory for His grace is sufficient for me."
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts.... We need to live each day to the fullest to the Lord. Sometimes in our frail sin-cursed bodies we don't always do that, but if we do our best that is what the Lord wants...

    ReplyDelete