Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Splish, Splash rainy day, take a moment to make memory today.

About, wow, now nine years ago, I wrote a poem that I thought I would share on the last day of my children's holiday.

Splish, Splash, Rainy Day

Splish, splash rainy day
Mummy, won't you come out to play?
I can't today there's work to be done.

Splish, splash rainy day.
Mummy, I'll be home tomorrow, will you play?
Oh, no. I've got a business dinner to go to.

Splish, splash rainy day.
Mummy, I'm going out with my friends today.
That's a shame. I wanted to go with you today.

Splish, splash rainy day.
There's no one here to go out and play.
Mummy has all the time of day.

If only I took the time of day.
We could have splished and splashed
In the puddles every day.

In life we get so busy. This poem applies to anything and anyone. Just take a few moments to hear what your child has to say or a friend in need. How about just listening to God? It is sad to say that we often just don't make the time each day.
Every day is new with new beginnings so make the time today and make it a happy, rainy day. Read a verse, run under a sprinkler, it doesn't matter what your age is or the age of your friends or children. We all just need to make time for each other.
So splish, splash rainy day, make a memory today.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment