Saturday, August 1, 2009

The carpenter.

I never knew my granddad. He died when I was 2 or three. I remember that at my grandparents house there were three small stools for my sister, brother and I and a piano. Another thing I remember about my grandad was his tool box. It was probably the length of a coffee table and half that to the sides and was quite thick. He had made it and painted it green with his name on top. Inside were wood working tools each like they were brand new, each wrapped in the very same cloth that they were bought in. He must of loved working with wood. My Mum said he made lots of things for her. But my Dad never used them nor appreciated them. I have no idea where that box is today.
We have a friend who makes wonderful things out of wood. Two years ago my husband made a step for my mum. He and our girls helped make it. Although Tim knew nothing about wood work he made this wonderful step and finished it to perfection. He made it just right for her to get out of her house.
My husband might not of known much about making anything from wood but he took the time to not only make a step but also include our girls. Just like Jesus takes the time to teach us so many things.
In the right hands the wood tools can make wonderful things.
Just like Jesus if we our in his hands we are carved into his image.
I might never have meet my granddad, but I do know that I am in the right Wood Mans hands.
Please enjoy a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment