Monday, August 24, 2009

Standing in the gap.

A few years ago, a friend of mine went to a women's retreat. When she came back, she told us some of the things that were said at this retreat. One thing that really stood out was that we are to stand in the gap for people. None of us know exactly what is going on in each other's lives, and often, it is through prayer, love and others standing in the gap that keep us going. She quoted this, "I'm standing in the gap, I'm standing in the gap for you, lifting Holy hands, lifting Holy hands, lifting Holy hands for you."
Kim might not of known how those words that day have kept ringing through my ears ever since. God has often bought them to my remembrance and has sent people my way. Yesterday at church, Pastor Mike Lee asked us to raise our hands if we had lost a job or were a single parent. Many raised their hands, and he asked us to pray for those people. I would like to take that further. There are many lonely wives and husbands struggling, many with finances, and many with relationships. Many children are struggling with peer pressure and the issues of home life. It is all of us that need to stand in the gap. Maybe some can help with finances, maybe it is a prayer or a phone call, but all make life a little easier.
The picture that I have chosen for today is of my girls and I along the cliffs in Cromer. I might never soar like an eagle, but with God, He lifts me up, and in Him, I do literally soar like an eagle. So today, think who you can lift up. We can all do it whether we are the one going through a situation or not, we can stand in the gap for each other. After all, the Cross stood in the gap for us. What more should we do? Jesus gave us the cross as an example so let us stand and place it in the gap for so many people. If we do this together, God will do amazing things. I have no doubt.
Thank you for the many people who have stood in the gap for me.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment