Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Old school reports is not how God see's you today.

The other day I was reading my old school reports that I had from my childhood. Most of them said lacks confidence and needs to concentrate. I laughed. The words I have heard all throughout my life. My school is having a reunion. A part of me would love to be there. The school had about 150 children total. But school we all glorify of what it really was. None of us like to remember those horrid school lunches, the hours of homework and least we forget, the dreaded cross country runs which at my school were across the sands of the North Norfolk coast. In the winter, we would freeze running in just short tennis skirts, and wow, we survived.
Each day holds a new blessing and our lives can be whatever we choose. It is like the time that my husband cut the grass and spelt the word Love in it. It was silly, but in truth it is something to remember that God loves us new each day. An old school report does not have to define who we are today, but God's love does define who we are.
Write on your mirror something amazing about yourself and remember that God loves you for who you are today. The school report of yesterday is in the past. It is not the person God sees today.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

1 comment:

  1. I remember gym skirts and cross country running, ours was across the heathlands outside of Ipswich, I liked the days when it was foggy and we could cheat without the teacher seeing us, gym skirts were worse when we had to play hocky, cold legs and boy did it sting if the stick caught you.
    Young Katy looks so like you in those school pics.

    ReplyDelete