Friday, August 7, 2009

Amazing Grace

"Amazing Grace" is one of my all time favorite hymns. It makes me think of how wonderfully blessed I am by God. There are other songs like "Walking on England's Green and Pleasant Lands", and my old school song where one of the lines goes like this, "We to must not be wasting lives chances as they throng." Casting Crown I believes sings how God casts our sins as far as the East is from the West, and probably many more if I sat and thought about all the songs and hymns that I love. Some songs bring back memories of places and events, others bring up a future day when I will stand before God. I know I am simply nothing without Him. I think that is why I love "Amazing Grace". I know my past, my flaws and my mistakes, but I just count it a blessing that God loves me that much. Yesterday, I thought how I had rewritten Psalm 23, you could do it with a hymn or a song, put your name in it, or close your eyes and there you are in that song. I hate heights, but I often imagine myself on top of Cadillac Mountain in Maine just arms lifted high saying, "Here I am God, this is me. Make me what you want me to be."
His grace is amazing so in whatever you do today take a moment to remember a song and sing it like it was written for you. God has obviously laid it on your heart to be special, and just remember how Amazing His grace is for you and me.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment