Friday, August 21, 2009

Letters to God.

Over the summer, I would see my older daughter typing on the computer, and I asked her what she was doing. She replied,"I am writing a letter to God, and I write what I think He would reply back to me". How absolutely wonderful! It really struck me that she was truly having a relationship with Our wonderful Dad. Often, my younger daughter will get a balloon from a store and let it go. I have asked her,"Why are you letting the balloon go?" and her reply was, "I am sending it to Jesus, Mum".
What a wonderful idea to write a letter to Our Heavenly Father or to give Him a bright colourful balloon.
My daughters might be only thirteen and seven, but, boy, do they have some wisdom. Perhaps it is something we could all do every now and again type a letter to Dad, and just listen and wait to hear Him reply. Or let a balloon go and see it go up to the sky. A gift from the heart to a God that gave His all.
So today, just take the time to talk to God or type a letter to Our Dear and Wonderful Dad.
There is really a lot of wisdom to learn from our children, and I believe that they hear the heart beat of God perhaps clearer at times than we do.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment