Thursday, August 6, 2009

Your Psalm 23.

About a year ago, I did a wonderful Bible study. We all had to rewrite Psalm 23. This Psalm could read, "The Lord is my paint brush, and He directs my hands and leads me to paint amazing things," or "The Lord is my fabric, and in Him, He directs my stitches." It can be written today and then a year later in a different way. You could do this with a song or your favorite verse. I have found it to be an amazing thing to do.
Perhaps my Psalm today would be, "The Lord is my words. He helps me to type and send words of Hope. In Him, I find my hope, and in Him, I find my peace."
Below is what I typed in January 2008.
Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd and my Banner.
I shall not be alone.
He lifts up His banner, and I am kept safe.
In His arms, I find His loving grace.
He sees every tear that I have cried and knows my aching heart.
In Him, there is Hope.
He sees me where I am and where I am going.
He will protect me and never leave me.
He will hold up a banner against my enemies. They will have to flee.
Though I feel low, He will provide me a way out.
He will never leave me.
He will send friends, comforting words and even financial blessings into my life.
In Him, I can see a True Father's heart. He will hold me like no earthly father could.
He will be there through it all, and I will sit in His lap and say, "Thank you Daddy for loving me."
I will have to say it was one of the neatest things I have ever done. I hope it encourages you to find your own Psalm 23.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment