Friday, July 31, 2009

Little Rain goes a long way.




Firstly, it such a blessing to write every day, if God allowed me I wished I could do it for a living. I absolutely love it. In England I was not very fascinated with the rain, perhaps it was because it rained a little more than here and when we least expected. Like walking to an ice skating rink with my sister, walking through the centre of London or when the rain got in my daughters push chair and got her wet. No I don't think those times really fascinated me much. But here in North Carolina I have learnt to Cherish the rain and love it. Yes I love it. Even when I got soaked when we went bird watching in West Virginia.
I have learnt that the rain removes some of the humidity and is just so refreshing. We often run out and just dance and laugh in the rain.
I am not very good about reading, but when I read the Bible it is like the rain showers just refreshing to my heart and mind. A little reading like the rain goes along way in a drought or in a time of our lives that is hard. Even in a good time it feels like you are walking through a shower that makes you want to dance.
So where ever you are today if it rains where you are, go on; go out in it and just feel how refreshing it is maybe dance a little or have a shower and just imagine it is rain. But then take a moment to read the Bible and feel the real refreshing rain. I do believe like my friend Lea Ann often says it will change my life and will yours too.
Please have a cup of tea with me today. Hey, we could dance in the rain together. Maybe drinking our tea at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. well you know what they say,' Mad dogs and Englishmen'. For me it's more about getting excited in the snow as that is rare here now day's.

    ReplyDelete