Sunday, July 26, 2009

Forgiveness in Red nail polish.

At Christmas it really got to me how Jesus had died on the cross and carried all our sins. I had heard that a lot of times before. But this time I really thought a lot about it all our sins. I love the song that God casts our sins away as far as the east is from the west.
I have had a hard time in my life forgiving people. My family is not very good at it to be honest so it has been easy to follow to not forgive people. A few years ago I got into the trap and through circumstances hurt some people. I never thought about it all until God laid it upon my heart that I needed to forgive others and myself. I read a very good book about forgiving. It really got to me how we are separated from God by not forgiving. It seams such a hard thing to do often. One good friend I know I hurt a lot but God did lead me to ask them to forgive me. Today the Pastor preached that we make the first step and God does the rest. I think that sounds easy but then we have to look at it through the other persons eyes. How many of us wish we could walk a mile in someone elses shoes. There is a lot I want to give my children but one of the most important things I want them to learn is to forgive. I am just a humble person who makes many mistakes but after seeing the many years of what unforgiveness does I really am trying to learn to ask people to forgive me and learn to forgive others with God's help I do believe He can do anything.
As I type this I know it is not easy but at least if I take the first step God will help me to take the others. If I look at the cross in a child's hands I see that God is very simple He wants us to hold onto the Cross with all we have and He will protect us and help us. It is like red nail polish it eventually comes off but with God the red nail polish is always put back on if we turn to Him and allow His blood to pour over our lives and our hands, we don't have to be perfect but just allow God to work in our lives. I wish at times that God could just allow us to forgive and forget in an instance and we did not hold onto unforgiveness or we did not hold onto the bad memories. But God I know has a purpose. In a child's eyes life is very simple I think it is in a child's hands that we see ourselves we are just a child to God and He wants to guide us and hold us all the way Home.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment