Thursday, July 23, 2009

Not so perfect is just fine

Today I was talking to someone and they made me really think that perhaps not been perfect all the time is alright. As I look back at my life and think of the many times I have helped with a school project or tried to write a story I am reminded that I had to have everything just right, perhaps not so perfect would of been just fine. It's alright to make mistakes this person told me today and I have heard it tons of time in my life. But today it struck a chord. It is all right to run a race and not make it to be the first the fact that a person even started running is huge. It is alright to admit a fault as long as you keep trying to overcome it. I was asked what would it take to say it is alright to make mistakes or even succeed I had no answer. I think the real answer is in saying God help me to accept the things I can change and the things I cannot I give them to you. Help me to accept me. I think we often find accepting ourselves the hardest thing ever. The great thing about God he accepts and loves us with our flaws and he sees the good and he just wants us to accept that through it all He loves us always.

So once again please enjoy a cup of tea with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment