Saturday, July 25, 2009

Poppies of Hope

Last night I was thinking of a painting my friend Sharon Kulesa drew it is of poppies, she is a fantastic artist and one that I know will do well. She has such a wonderful loving heart and her pictures always shine because of that. Where I lived on the North Norfolk coast there were tons of poppies. There is a steam train track called Poppyland it is in Sheringham. As a child I was drawn to wild flowers. But the poppy stood out. It reminds me that in a field of wheat or wild grass God put this wonderful wild flower to remind us that He is there through all of our situations. Whether our lives are running over with wild grass or we are doing well like the wheat He is there to help us and to show us that He died on the cross for us. In England they sell artificial poppies in October I believe to remember the dead from the war. My mother bought these poppies but always told us how this organization had not helped her family after her dad had been injured in war. How sad that bitterness still ran into another generation. The poppy I believe stands for Hope to show people that even in the struggles God is there. I love snow God wipes the world clean with it my dad would say. So it is with a simple Poppy God sent Hope. So in whatever you do today look for a wild flower or something and ask what God is telling you. He talks very simply and He can be seen if we just open our eyes.
Please enjoy a cup of Tea with me today.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are just truly an amazing writer! God is using you in so many ways.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. Your writing is so inspiring- I hope that your blog becomes well known and then lots of people can benifit from your words of hope and love. I love the picture of the single poppy.. did you take it?

    ReplyDelete