Thursday, July 23, 2009

Beach Memories
















When I was a child I went to a small private school in Cromer. The other day when it was hot I was reminded how we use to have to do cross country runs along the beach and up the hills. I absolutely hated them. I was not very good at running and I hated heights. So I would always be dragging behind. We only lived minutes away from the beach but hardly ever visited it. In the winter the north sea would roll in bitter cold winds. In the summer the tourists came and there was always the smell of fish. Before moving to the beach we would travel by train every summer to Cromer or Sheringham. Cromer had sand and Sheringham had pebbles. It's funny how God designed even the beach to have it's own character. I loved going down there in the winter more than the summer. In the winter the beach was ours again in the summer it belonged to the tourists. I remember hearing the fog horn so many times and the fog just rolling in we would call it pea soup city, you could not see a thing. I guess it is like that in life when we can't see through are mess God still stears us in like the many fisher men along the North Norfolk coast. We use to sing a hymn at school and a part goes "And God will bless the fishermen and bring them back at dawn" I think that is how it is in our lives. Although the dawn might not be tomorrow if we are at least calling out to God he will always direct us back into the shore. North Norfolk is a wonderful place but there is never such a wonderful place than coming and saying to God that the storms of life are just to strong will you guide me home and He does faithfully.
Please enjoy a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment