Monday, July 27, 2009

Refreshing waterfalls of Friendship.

As a child I did not have many friends. My class for the last few years of school had a total of six girls. I had one good friend Christine. But we did not stay in touch much after school. My neighbor Miss. Middleton was my closest friend. As I grew up I found it hard to make good friends. But God through all of my imperfections has blessed me to have some amazing friends, some our older than me some our much younger. They surely have kept me grounded and told me many things I needed to hear maybe I did not like some of what was said, but as I have got older they have made me think and made me a much better person. One good friend was even brave enough to be in the delivery room with me when I had my oldest child. But through it all we have loved, laugh and cheered each other on. It doesn't matter the distance or the age we all hold one common chord of reaching each others life in a special and unique way.
It reminds me of a waterfall that friends are there to refresh our souls like a waterfall does. It is wonderful as it cascades down a mountain or a hill. Even the smallest waterfall looks just amazing. Each part is very different, each drop has it's place to play non less important than the other. But oh so magnificent when they work together.
I think that God brings friendships into our lives to work like a waterfall each person has their own part to play but together oh so magnificent.
I am so blessed to have the amazing friends that I have in my life. God surely knew that lonely me needed each of them. So today as you go through your day just remember the many friends you have and if you don't have any you might well be the special friend that someone else needs.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

1 comment:

  1. I love waterfalls- and I love the way you can think up such wonderful words of inspiration from things that are all around us. Your blog is cool.

    ReplyDelete