Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Garden of memories




I was bought up for a good part of my childhood on the North Norfolk coast. Although my own family had it's trials I was blessed to get to know my neighbor very well. Miss Middleton was a spinster never married owned a comfortable size house with a huge garden in the countryside. She made jams, grew vegetables and loved the great out doors. I would go picking black berries and make bread with her and even clean ponds with her. She made been a teen a breeze and I loved her dearly.
I lost touch with her until a few years ago when I choose to contact her, then in 2007 we visited her. My children could not believe her enchanted garden that I had spent so much time in. I could not believe how nothing had changed accept for her chair in the living room, I could see us drawing or drinking elder flower champagne it was wonderful or the smell of homemade cakes we did it all and I loved it all.
Life has it's good and bad memories that is for sure. I think if we allow God to help us through the bad ones it leaves room to focus on the good one's and allows them to grow and they just stay. I was so blessed to have such a wonderful friend. She is in her 90's now but I owe her so much to Miss. Middleton. So many things that I love today are because she took the time for me.
So take the time when you might feel down to remember those loving people who have helped you a long the way.
Please enjoy a cup of tea with me today.

1 comment:

  1. It is always good to remember those who have helped you along the way. Thank you goes a long way!! What a sweet memory for you!

    ReplyDelete