Friday, July 24, 2009

Thunder storms of life

Last night there was a thunder storm. Our children were a little scared, my husband got them both to come into our room. He then went and got the dogs and stood calming our little dachshund down as she gets easily scared. As he was doing all of this I thought how in the many storms of life God is always there for us. He brings us closer to Him and calms us down and if we are willing He helps us through our storm. I was reminded last night of the many times when I lived on the North Norfolk coast and the waves would come crashing along the beach. How the fishermen would all help each other get their boats in and how the fog horn would blow when the fog was rolling in. The Fog horn is like God calling us home. I have been in a car in a snow storm and my husband calmly got us to safety and assured me we would be alright.
God is always there through whatever storm if only we take a moment to allow Him to take control. God can take us through the wildest storms. Like Jesus stood and calmed the storm so he can in our lives. God uses many things to show us that he can calm the storm. So whatever you are going through today take a moment to think of the many storms that God has helped you through or the ones He is still waiting on us to hand over to Him.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment