Thursday, July 30, 2009

Not so alone, Just laugh.

Yesterday I was feeling quite a lone. A wonderful friend gave me some homework to look up scriptures of who we are in Christ. I will have to say, I did not do it until this morning. As I read the many scriptures, I really got thinking. I am really not so alone. I might feel alone, but in God I have so much. I might feel small like the picture of me when I was 4 with my toys, but in Christ I can be everything. I am so blessed to have my friends and family.
So I guess my message is simple and sweet, take a moment to just laugh at life. My children do it often as the photo's show. We all take life so seriously. It is just good to take a moment and laugh.
I will help you. We have a vegetable garden, which I go and see daily, but my feet and shoes end up getting quite dirty. So when I come into my house, I sit on my counter with my feet in the kitchen sink and wash them. Now that is a sight. My friend in England bathed my daughter when she was little in the kitchen sink with the plates and such to the side, too funny looking back at it. My husband Tim is always wanting to take a photo of us four, so he stretches his arm out and tries to take a photo. Some actually work, but others have someone cut off or something funny. It's easy to cry but not laugh. My younger daughter, when she is very tired will often jump up and do a crazy dance, that will have you in stitches. Then my other daughter joins in and of course I have to. My what a sight. But how come we don't just do silly things when we got older. I think we need to try.
So in whatever you do today, just laugh a little. Wash your feet in your kitchen sink. Hey, do two jobs in one, wash your feet and wash the dishes, no joking. Dance a little and cry a little because you can't stop laughing. Life has its problems, but it is sure nice to laugh at times. Remember through it all, we are all in Christ, and we are everything in Him.
Dirty feet, silly dances and all. But never alone.
Please have a cup of tea with me today and laugh a little. No not a little but a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment