Thursday, September 29, 2011

What apple are you?




When I was a child we lived next to a farm we had many apple trees it was really cool. The apple trees had seats underneath them. They were like large wooden boxes and I remember sitting on them and then standing on them to get the wonderful apples down. Some of the apples, however, were not wonderful and full of worms, some were bitter and some not ripe, but some of them were wonderful and delicious. A friend yesterday gave me a broach it was a little apple she said I was "Apples of Gold." It is from the Bible. It made me cry. I do not view myself as anything great. But as I think back to the farm and the apple trees we are at times like all of them sometimes we allow life to destroy us like the rotten apple, sometimes we are bitter sweet with deceiving words like the bitter apples, and sometimes we are just golden when we allow our lives to be touched and changed by life, others and God.
I wonder what apples we will show to the world.
I hope when all is said and done, my basket for the most part will be one of Hope and wonderful apples.
Please have a cup of tea with me toady.

No comments:

Post a Comment