Saturday, September 24, 2011

Reconnecting with school friends.


Well I have lots to do today. But I just had to talk to all of you. I have already posted on my other blog englishdelights so how unfair not to post on Cornfielddreams.
I thought a lot last night about my dear friend Clara-Jane, she has truly touched me. When you are going along a long road you often find it very tiresome and so I surely have. She emails me and makes me feel so belonged, so loved and I am so blessed for that, I am so homesick and so she just is such a blessing. It reminds me as I sit here and type of Beatrix Potter and her walking down the amazing roads of the Lake District. Her love for the countryside was amazing. Perhaps just as amazing is people we find who love us for us. They see our hard times, they cry our tears and yet they see beyond that. Sutherland House was an amazing school, it bought girls together from all sorts of places, Meg Matthews who became quite famous was in my class, Andrea Russell an amazing mum and wonderful woman, Hillary Scott a girl that loved hockey and would make you smile even though it was raining outside, Allie Swaine oh my she kind of scared me, but in truth I loved how she always was so brave she took no rubbish. Many others I could quote. We all learnt at times and laughed, playing hockey in freezing weather, running up cliffs and playing basket ball. Least we forget sneaking down to get food as borders at the school.
All of us some how glued together in time.
In life there are many friendships they come and go, but it is very touching to me the ones that you reconnect with from school. Those girls remember you from years gone by. Me the girl with the long double barrelled surname oh how I hated it. But I loved school and I love reconnecting with them all.
I am more than blessed to look back with fond memories.
I am so thankful that God brought many of them back into my life.
May God bless you with many Clara-Jane's. We all need one or two to keep us going.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment