Friday, September 16, 2011

A life well lived.


It's amazing how some people live their lives. Some always complaining, some always pulling people down with sarcasm or those little cutting words, however there are those who live for others. A dear friend of mine lost his step dad yesterday. I loved what he wrote about his step dad. This is what he wrote about his dad and is paraphrased, " he lived a life of utter selflessness, never putting another person down, or complaining about the valleys that life brought, thought of others and was there for them, in his last hours he was talking about his love for Christ."
I find in a world where people mostly think of themselves that this is very humbling. Add to that my friends wife rang to see how my family was as we went to the emergency room last night. She added "we're family that is what we do". So rare that is not what many families always do, however they should.
In all of this my heart is touched. It is in people like this and statements like my friend wrote that we need to see what life is about. It is not all about me and me and me. It is all about seeing through eyes of giving.
May God Bless my dear friends at their loss and I rejoice in the fact that my friend's step dad has gone home.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment