Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life ten years on from 9/11




It's amazing what can happen in ten years isn't it. I mean as we all reflect on 9/11 I have to look back at my own life. I now have two wonderful children. I have two dogs, I am now a single mum, I work part time. My daughter got her permit. My blog is now up and running. My sister in law and my brother died, my land lady did too. My nephew was born and life as I knew it has changed 360 degrees. I always presumed I would be a stay at home mum, always presumed I would be married, always presumed I would be able to fly home and always thought that my brother would be here. But life changes us good or bad and so it has me.
In the past ten years I have learnt to not worry so much about the small things, laugh a bit more in the rain, appreciate others from others countries and learnt hopefully to have compassion.
In all the 9/11 after days and years what did you learn, how has your life changed?
Did you look back and pull a page out of the book and try and re- write it, in some way to make life better?
I sure hope I did.
To all those who have lost in some way something in the past ten years, my hope is that you have learnt to give something out of your pain and learnt to laugh a bit in the rain.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment