Friday, September 9, 2011

Beyond the down and the dumps.




Down in the dumps ever heard that saying.I mean lets be honest you are wearing that oh so cute outfit and you step outside and a big old truck soaks you down, or you sit on a seat which a nice bird left a present or some ketchup drops from the nice juicy hamburger which you waited all day to eat. You lock your keys inside your car, your on your way to work and the power goes out at the house and you know all those pretty lights in the car that you wonder what they do all of sudden they come on, all at the same time or you spent hours decorating the Christmas tree just to find out that the lights don't work. I mean these are to name a few small things, from having no medical insurance to been late on your mortgage or losing a loved one or a job we have all been down in the dumps or felt a little depressed at times. Today I felt a little overwhelmed there is one of me and oh so much on my shoulders. From reading all what my children have to do this year at school and trying to finance it to praying I get a job that is full time to hurting teeth and no insurance to pay it, I was down. So God sent me a person that I had spoken to last week, she handed me a Billy Graham book, she also gave me a card. No one had put anything on my wall when it turned a year since my brother died, this lady had remembered about my brother and wrote how she was praying for me. She to had lost a loved one and recently divorced. I choked the tears inside. Like wise when my friend Clara from school sent me such an encouraging email I wanted to cry. See in all my down in the dumps God sent me two people to shine a little light and say I was not forgotten.
It might not come from where you think, but out there in the darkness is a light shinning just for you. Be open, be willing and be thankful when it comes your way. There are many blessings we just have to open our eyes and see beyond our down in the dump moments.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment