Sunday, September 18, 2011

Not all about ME.


Ever meet those people that just arrive at a funeral, wedding and Baptism? I know some that even have a funeral outfit. Yes it is like they clock in. I did my duty. Some go a little bit further show up at the hospital while you are sick, smile and as soon as the I.V is been pulled out they smile and leave. They show up at your house with flowers in one hand and then come in and talk about themselves. Quoting how easy it is to find a job in a hard economy. If you dare say that you are ill, they always are worse. The reality is that in life people should not clock in, they should listen to the wonderful phrase out of the Bible, "Do unto others as you would have done to you."
I read an article about Ellen DeGeneres the article went on how she believed exactly what I just typed. I was pleasantly surprised in a world where so many people boast about themselves.
I don't believe one should arrive at a funeral to make themself feel better, it is about the love you had for that person not you and what you wore that day. Nor in any situation.
I once left a box full of diapers/nappies for a friend no name of who it was from on a table at church. I wanted to bless them, it was not about me, it was about what I could do for another.
Just take moment and think what is your life about. Do you do anything for others?
Life is more about us giving openly without any credit.
Lets make the world a better place and try this.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment