Sunday, October 2, 2011

Courageous?





Well this weekend saw the opening of a movie called "Courageous" it is about men standing up and being real dad's and husbands. I have not seen the movie yet however, this movie comes from the movie makers who made "Flywheel", "Facing the Giants"and "Fireproof". This Christian movie company "Sherwood Pictures" has surely come a long way and is impacting many lives.
So what do you think it takes to be a courageous Dad or husband? Wow what a question.
I have seen good and bad in many couples. Some are seen, to the outside world very perfect, yet on the inside they are hurting people.
I think we have to think deeply what courageous means to us. To me a courageous dad or husband is one who says sorry, is humble and is willing to change their lives even when the world is not watching. It is wanting the best even if the spot light is not on them.
Many have fallen on this road.
I know a man who has been divorced, who went back to his ex wife and his children and sought forgiveness for the mistakes he had made. Today that man is leading a group to help others and in my eyes is a man of courage. Take the Pastor or Vicar who has made mistakes but seeks forgiveness and works diligently to gain respect back, that is courage.
Woman alike to can be seen in a place of courage, the single mum or the widowed wife. The battered woman who has escaped from a home of abuse. Men, women and children who fight daily to overcome struggles and illness.They are all courageous. Men and women fighting in battle, serving countries, doctors and nurses, police force and fireman the list could go on. We are all courageous in some way throughout the day.
So what does Courageous in a man mean? To me it means simply Humility. To me, that is the first step to any of us being better people.
So I hope you will go watch the movie, but I ask you this in closing when the emotions of the movie are all over what will be found?
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment