Monday, October 10, 2011

Giving with no Praise.



When I was at school I won the Hick cup for politeness. I never ever have presumed in my life that I would win a cup. I do not like to receive recognition.
It amazes me how many people Christian and non Christians want the spot light totally on them. Wanting everyone to praise them and thank them and never forget what they did.
I don't think this is true giving in any sense of the form.
I think true giving, true compassion and true serving is done when no one gets the credit. At school I was not polite because I wanted the praise. I truly did it because it was the right thing to do.
How many of us do that? It seems that in the world we live in more people, want the praise than doing things for others without anything in return.
Mothers are one of the hardest working people on this planet I believe. I don't say that to get praise. How many of us have ever gone back and thanked our mum's or a friend for something they had done, it might of been years ago. I bet it would mean a lot to those people.
No praise for ourselves. Come on we can do it. A little giving makes this world just a more humble place.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment