Sunday, October 9, 2011

Compassion to listen.


It's amazing how some people in life just have an expertise to say the wrong thing. You know what I mean you put your foot in it, so to speak. When my brother died some people would ask me after a week, if I was over it. A year latter someone said, oh you are still upset about your brother. From oh it's easy to get a job, to wow you miss home. Or people just look at you when you say you are divorced or a single mum. You know I did clean my teeth and I did put deodorant on. It's almost as if some people just do not know what to say at all. I think in life a lot of times people just want people to just listen to hear their heart crying out.
Ever just cried from the inner parts of your soul and just ached inside. If you ever have then you will know what I am talking about.
Life is a road of mountainous valleys for sure. But to listen and truly hear someone's heart cry is like watching an eagle soar. So easy to walk away. Not so easy to be still and hear them.
I wonder if we listened more perhaps, all of us would have more compassion, more grace and a lot more understanding for one another.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment