Saturday, December 3, 2011

May the star of Bethlehem shine on you all.

So the Christmas shopping begins. Oh how I dislike it all. Is it just me but everything is so expensive. My sister when we were children made gifts and I years ago would tea stain sweatshirts for my children or crotchet scarfs. I wondered as I bustled around a few stores where Christmas had really gone. From Disney calling Christmas Happy FA LA LA, to hotels not putting a star on their tree. Pharmacies open on Christmas day. I wonder Scrooge himself must be very happy. In it all I decided to go visit a craft shop where I found everything for Christmas was all taken down and on sale. Move over Christmas for Valentines. I will have to say perhaps in it all it is the people who give without someone knowing or sending gifts when people least expect that bring a smile in these times when the money sign has no mercy.

I ask you to think as you buy your gifts of taking a moment and reflect on what Christmas means to you.
To me it is a time of Hope and to that I am thankful. It is very different now that I am divorced another road and a feeling of God please in this coming year make the star that shone so long ago shine and make my life new and take the burdens that are so heavy from my life. I long to go home and I long for all you reading this that in whatever you buy or receive you find something to make you cry tears of hope for the coming year.
May the Star of Bethlehem shine on you all.
Please have a cup of Tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment