Sunday, December 4, 2011

Can you hear me.


As I walked down the corridor of my church which is very, very large I saw tables with names of books that we could buy and have donated for the library, I saw something to do with helping a local hospital and the children in it. I have seen people do the shoe box thing and the Christmas Angel all amazingly great things. But listen to me. I know a woman who went through hard times and now blesses people, you tell me how many do that? I remember when we got this car insurance payment after a bad accident and I did not think of anyone but myself. Reality is that there is a balance in looking after ourselves and then giving back. I did not have a balance. I have seen money go from my own family and even mine and what did we really prophet from it absolutely nothing. I heard a friend say once the church needs to rise up and help those in need it is not the governments and programs I will have to agree. Tell me where are the tables the tree of hope for the hurting families in our own churches. I wrote on my facebook group asking people to say how their church helped single parents at this time of year no one answered. I saw a woman today a single mother I asked how she was "more food would be nice" was her reply. This is not a statement that should be heard in any church whether the church is 20 or 1,0000 the number is not the question. The pretty fine clothes and the right words mean nothing unless people are helping those that walk down their churches very corridors looking for hope. All nice to smile and say that was nice that you got your packages from home, but where are they helping. Your missing the point, the point is we need to rise up and help those who are really hurting, not push it off onto someone else. Do you know how hard it has to be for children who has lost parents or children who go from one parent to another. I tell you it is very hard and you would have to think hard how you would feel. There is no stiff upper lip simply many tears and while others taunt their wealth perhaps in my friend who had walked a mile in shoes similar to me and now gives we can learn that better is it to give than receive.
What will you do this Christmas?
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment