Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas a homesick time for many.


Someone asked me if I missed England in the holidays. Well let me put it this way "oh yes times that by a huge number". England at Christmas is just the best to me, cold wet and damp ok I hate the damp. But I love the smell of fireplaces and coming into a warm house. I did not like Christmas pudding which is like fruit cake. But who can resist a Christmas dinner of roast turkey and roast potatoes. They are the best. Crackers been popped and Carols being sung in an old church. I miss it all. I was blessed by a friend sending me a Christmas carol piano book that I had years ago. It sure brought a smile across my face.
Christmas is very tough when you are homesick and although I love hearing my mum, my heart breaks a tear or two not to actually hug her tight this Christmas.
So wherever you are I encourage you if you know of someone far from home let them tell you a story of how they spend Christmas it will enlighten you to who they are. Then I encourage you to allow them to share in a part of your Christmas.
I have been blessed with great Christmas's at some amazing friends.
But I will have to say the older I get the more I understand how much it would mean to see my Mum.
If you are able at least skype, call or show up at your parents house or bless someone with something special this year.
Christmas can be a blessing if you allow it.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment