Monday, December 19, 2011

Helping others in need.


Dear readers,
I was reminded the other day as so many of us put change into the Salvation army pots that are often seen this time of year. What are we really putting in? Are we putting in just change or like the widows mite putting in are all. Don't get me wrong I can be convicted myself. But there are so many people who are in need. Do you know some that might need food this Christmas or might need a gift or money? Do you have a job you could give them to get by? See often it is like plowing a field often you have to help someone for a while. I saw a movie this chap helped this man who was going under financially he kept on helping him brought customers into his store he did not give up on this man. When asked why he did it his reply in my words was that in the hard times we were to help our neighbors because in due time we would need their help.
See it is easy to help for a short term much harder to walk a mile and see the finish with someone.
Much easier to ignore someone's needs and have our own pressies under the tree.
It is just life. But say if life changed and we helped the very people in our lives and they in turn helped another what a better place this world would be.

Please have a cup of tea with me today

No comments:

Post a Comment