Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Long Rivers in our lives.



The longest river, I believe, is the Nile. It is 4,135 miles. At times in my life and even now, I sure feel like I am going down a river, seeing land to the side but not actually being able to get out of the boat. Through my river ride, I have surely felt I have walked on solid ground knowing that my God is with me, but as my river twists and turns, I have felt a little weary and the hope for a refreshing sun or a drink of fresh water would surly be nice.
I am reminded of how in many wars those soldiers surely probably thought at times that the war was so consuming and when would an end be. Yet VE Day proves that one eventually came.
I sure hope I get to experience that day soon.
I encourage you if you are on a long river trip, truly hold on tight, lock into a good church and some good friends. God is the only one who can help you through it.
Remember our VE day will come soon. I am believing and you, I pray, do too.

Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment