Sunday, June 26, 2011

Great things can be learnt from memories.



What can we learn from memories. I have not been home since May 2007, then I was married and also my brother and his was alive. One thing I have learnt since then is look back at the memories with a thankful for heart. We use to go home every two years, I probably took it for granted instead of being thankful for the sacrifices made to go home. The last time I saw Scott we all played cricket, we had not played the game since we were children.I got to show Tim my old school and ride on a steam train with my children. Tim got to take the girls on the London eye and we got to see the Peter Pan statue. I also got to spend some happy times with my mum.
Although life is very different now, I am glad that I can reflect and realize that I took many things for granted. Tim would always buy gifts for the plane ride and be brilliant at the airport. He navigated around the British countryside like he had lived there all his life, he put up with my family and for that I never said thank you hardly ever.
It is so easy as life tumbles out of control to never stop and see the good.
Today is Tim's Birthday and I am thankful that he is my children's dad.
I am thankful so much more for the amazing grace God gives me each day for amazing friends who steer me when I am making dumb mistakes and that they love me enough to have grace.
So to Tim I say Happy Birthday. To all of you look and see that great things that God has done.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment