Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day 2011


I will have to say I always find Fathers day a little tough. I do not know if my dad is alive and to be honest that was my choice not to keep in touch. He was not the best dad and by no means the worst, but as I have got older I do see clearly, in his own way he tried his best. I loved going for walks with him and my brother, I love the memories of him playing tennis and badminton with my brother. I love that when ever it snowed on New years day he would always say the world was wiped clean. He called me Little Lee and i danced on his feet as a child and he loved old songs and Elvis and for those memories I am very thankful.
I know a man called Mike who I have watched for many years, he always called me his fifth daughter, in truth he is the same age as my sister. However his kindness and ability to give advice and be loving and show compassion and also be an amazing, husband, father, grandfather and friend has been the thing that makes his testimony of faith stand out. To many Mike is just an ordinary man but to me he has the heart of gold and no hidden agenda. He walks the walk and lives a true testimony of Christ.
So both men very different. To all you reading it's alright if your real dad is not what you expected, in truth no one can live up to expectations. Just remember God can and will always send you a Godly man to look up to and for now on this earth I am blessed that Mike and his family came into my life and accepted me.
So to all of you dad's Happy Fathers Day.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment