Monday, August 29, 2011

Noah and Irene.





As the American's experience the back lash of Irene many people in the south are saying that the weather men in the south over reacted. I think those in the south should count their blessings and some do. I am sure Noah when he built his ark was laughed at by many people. Perhaps the reality is that with hurricane Katrina many did not listen to the warnings. I guess this is true with the Bible many hear the word and choose to stick their fingers in their ears like children. The issue is reality hits and a Katrina comes and then what? No fingers in the ears can bring back lives. You have to start and rebuild from the ground up.
I think all these storms, hurricanes and floods and other damaging weather cycles so to speak, can teach us to look and see where we need to listen. To reflect and be aware that at times we need to go down a different road.
I am thankful for some I have listened to, sad at others that I wished I had not had my fingers in my ears.
My hope is if the storms are ragging in your life you see that God can bring good out of it. Look at Noah.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment