Monday, August 22, 2011

Let go of those balloon




As a year approaches to my brothers death. A friend said to me" like you let the balloons go for your brother let go of him." I am not very good at this. In truth I feel by letting go of Scott, my broken marriage, that I failed that I could not make it work and that it was alright for both to happen that I am saying that I do not care. It is simply not true.
My friend added "but you cannot make people's decisions it was there's alone." With Scott I could not make him see how he could make it. I felt responsible to be honest that I could not and at times with my marriage. I guess I hold myself to be answerable for things way out of my control.
How about you do you hold yourself accountable in judgement for things that you had no control of?
I probably have most of my life, I so wanted to be a fashion designer I was good art I loved it. But I felt so responsible for my parents after their divorce I forgot myself.
Perhaps in writing I have found a little piece of me and I love that.
It is true we are only responsible for our actions. The rest we just have to give to God.
Balloons and all. It does not mean you forget that person it means they can move on.
Not easy and very hard.
I hope you can let go off the things that you cannot change and press forward to a brighter future.
Dream Big friend
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment