Sunday, July 4, 2010

A day to make a differance.

A little thank you goes along way. Yesterday I sold Lemonade at Harris teeter raising money for the USA troops. I found it a blessing to give back to a cause where so many people have given for me and others. I also felt encouraged that even in my situation I could do something. I raised a lot of money. I was proud of myself. If only I could find a job like that where I promoted a cause that I believed in from saving the countryside to raising money for cancer patients or drilling water holes in South Africa or promoting Radio services throughout the world or helping kids through divorce I know I could make a huge difference. I wished I could find a job that my life made an impact and I got paid for it. I laughed how cool if I could promote my girls school and have them go there for free. It appeared that I truly had a gift for this. In it all a lady came up with the manager here as she handed me some flowers if it was not for you I would not shop here . I wanted to cry. In all this mess I had touched someones heart I had encouraged her to join a job seekers group as she had lost her job. It was wonderful. This week an older lady had hurt herself at the store I sat talking to her and cleaning her shoe of the blood on it. Yes the manager came and recorded it all but to go that extra mile and just reassure her felt great.Anyone can record something but to sit for a moment and care what price can anyone put on that.
Life is a journey for all of us. But if at the end of it I have given back and helped others on the way then my life was worth it. To change a heart of the broken and to give them hope. That is my wish and my wish for a job. I hope somewhere out there a job will come my way.
To all you near and far Happy 4th and remember to encourage someone less fortunate give a hug or a smile away you will have it given back to you a hundred fold.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment