Friday, July 16, 2010

Christians need to rise up.

I have been very blessed along my road through the last year. If anyone ever thinks that I am not then take it up with God. After watching a video on Wednesday at church it so struck me where are the Christians to help the single families. This video mentioned about lawyers representing them, about accountants helping those parents get on a budget. We all should ask the question where are those Christians. Is it simply that we feel a person going through a divorce or a trial needs to turn to God and work things out themselves. Are we simply to afraid to walk out on a limb and make a difference. When my sister in law died I was very hurt I was not told that she was in a hospice until the day I rang and she was dead, I thank God He told me to ring my brother that day. I was more sad that a story I had written for her was never read. It is my hope that that story will be published one day.
It is also my wish one day that I will be help to help divorced mums and their children.
A book by Mary Ann shaw is brilliant Helping Children Survive divorce.
It simply says about children's needs I recommend it to even those who are not going through a divorce.
God brings people are way. Don't forget what the family of God is about.
I often talk to older people hug and try and make them smile it is not my job but it is my job as a Christian.
No one can make anyone take a family under their wings.
Weather we are single,divorced,separated or a widow we need you families who are in Christ we have something to give all of you more than heartache we are survivors.
We all need to rise up and make a difference one person, one church and one town at a time that is what Christian families should be.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment