Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Being a witness at all times.

I will have to be honest I have not been a witness to many times in my life. Some might even say I have complained more than be thankful. I like to think a bunch of complaining with a dash of thankfulness. However that is not a very good witness.
At my present job I like to talk to people, it is one thing I have found that I am good at. I ask people what they do for a living. I have been blessed when people share with me that they are out of work to direct them to a Jobseekers at Colonial Baptist in Cary it is the best one in this area a person just has to go one time on Monday to receive all the updates about jobs. This lady over heard me telling this chap and told him the times .When he left she looked at me with a shocked face that was very nice of you to tell him. I said I tell everyone who I know has not got a job to go there it is our place as Christians to help others and then added well that is my belief.
I try to encourage the older people on senior citizen day by calling it junior day when I hear people have gone through a divorce or are I hold their hands and say I am so sorry. When I see someone with a cancer shirt on I tell them about my story that I wrote and Rita and how brave they are.
Perhaps in these moments even putting shopping bags in a place that makes it easier for the elderly and young to pick up maybe in that others see Christ.
I may say i have grumbled with a dash of thankfulness but I am thankful that in all this God uses me to reach others by telling them about Jobseekers by adding a smile to a child's face or holding an elderly persons hand.
You might not think you make a difference but you do.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment