Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Who's battlefield will win?

Douglas MacArthur said"It is fatal to enter a war without the will to win it" I think this is an amazing quote, to me it does not just talk of facing a battle in a war type situation but also a battle in our minds and spiritual battles. I think in life one has to come to terms with trying to win in whatever battle you are fighting that by no means, means you always have to be right and you always have to have the last word. To me it is winning on the right battlefield in some peoples eyes it may not be winning ,saying sorry when no one else is, offering a hand or a kind word to a crying person that may well be winning. Depression is a huge battlefield one I know little about but one that i have seen hurt people and even kill them. I do believe it is finding the will to win that allows us to see glimpses of Hope. In this world that is simply not enough unless we turn to God and make sure that we are winning on the right battlefield.
So today whatever you are going through make sure you are fighting on the right battlefield make sure that in it you can deep down say with conviction that no matter what others think you can stand before God and know in your heart you did what is right. Not easy but surely a better life to live than never to have tried at all.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment