Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Bridge

Last night I went to an event called The Bridge at Hope community church. Dr.Greg Belcher preached on The in-laws, brave man to even look at this subject. Today I googled and found out that the longest bridge is in China The Qingdoa Haiwan is 26.4 miles and took four years to build at a cost of $8.5 million. Dr. Greg Belcher preached and shared how we can set boundaries with in-laws and gave us handouts,I couldn't help but realize that England and America are not so differant on this subject. It does not matter what country you are from the in- law issue is still the same just talked about in differant places at pubs in England and at a gatherings in the States still the same talk The inlaws against us.
I think Dr. Greg Belcher was brave to go down this road of discussion. But like the Bridge and it's length I know for myself the road has seen more than 26.4 miles. The cost of many tears beyond $8.5 million and I am not alone.

In hindsight the best thing anyone can do is look for the best in someone we can only change ourselves and often huge expectations are put out onto others who have no idea that these expectations even live.

There are many Bridges so to speak in our lives and as I sit here no inlaws in my life, so to speak, I do reflect at how I handled that Bridge in my life. I was not the best. But I surely have learnt a lot through it.

The Bridge I love the best is Tower Bridge in London. If we could all think of a Bridge that we just love and try one small step at a time to cross that Bridge instead of making it like the Bridge in China so long maybe the journey would be just a little easier and the cost more rewarding. Instead of this cold frosted little bridge in England that is in the photo. The sun can shine it is all in just taking one step at a time.

Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment