Monday, December 6, 2010

Lessons in being silent

Since my brother died I have learnt that it is often better to just say nothing. People appear through life to say things that just come out of their mouths. Like worms coming out of the ground when it rains. So sarcasam and words that truly hurt come flowing out of the gound of a persons soul through their mouth, like worms so to speak. I have made many mistakes over the last three years in my marriage and even through my separation. However rather than throw back words to hurt I try my best to say nothing. My husband use to always say that my silent words said everything in fact the silent words said that the game was not been played and that is often better to say few words than words that a person would regret. If I look back at the last words I said to my brother yes I wished I had said more to express how much I loved him or made some difference to stop what would be found out in the next 38 hours from happening, but one thing I do know my last words were full of care and love. If we look at Jesus's last words to mankind they were not words to up someone but words of compassion, love and care for a very hurting world and a world to come.
There are so many lessons to be learnt in saying few words.
May you find comfort in the kind words offered in my blog.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment