Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Ah in Christmas.

As Christmas comes around and songs are sung many children face the torn in two experience of opening presents at one parents house, or not even seeing one parent for the holidays that year. As I sat watching my younger daughter sing with her dad sitting by I could not help but think of the scripture where two women were fighting over a child. As soon as the king ordered for the child to be cut in half the mother declared let her have him. It is the same gutt wrenching feeling I feel for my children this Christmas the feeling of having a part of me torn in two pieces yet saying it is going to be alright. Christmas has been a huge do in this house. Yet this Christmas brings change that will go on for my younger daughter for at least another ten years. My hope for my children is that they hold dearly the good about Christmas. They are amazing children.
Each child weather facing parents going through divorce or like my nephews facing a Christmas without parents faces new challenges. We can but hold onto we are all orphans in this land like a friend told me today all been made into a family through turning to Christ.
We had our First snow today it is so pretty as my dad would stay it wipes the world clean.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment