Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fields of Gold

My brother Scott and his wife Rita both had Fields of gold by Eva Cassidy played at their funerals. I was listening to this song on Saturday it is on you tube. The version that I listened to had these words at the beginning of the song.
If tears could build a stairway and memories were a lane we would walk right up to Heaven and bring you back again.
No farewell words were spoken, No time to say goodbye. You were gone before we knew it and only God knows why.
I was in tears the pictures showed fields of corn I believe. At the back of my brothers house were corn fields. Eva died of cancer not the same cancer as Rita but still it touched my heart.
I wonder how many of us who know someone that we have loved would not walk right up to Heaven but would run. I sure would I would run if it was a steep hillside and I hate heights if I could but bring my brother back.
Life is a interesting road and if only we could have the knowledge that we so often learn after things happen I wonder how different life would be.
Where ever you are my advice is show some love give a hug, you never know how much that means.
I will always love my brother and I would run up a steep staircase to bring him back again.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment