Sunday, October 17, 2010

You'll remember me.

You'll remember me is a few words from a song by Eva Cassidy, Fields of Barley, that was played at my brothers funeral. In truth I will remember my brother every time a see a cheeky boy in a school uniform, when I see a toy train set when I see a dad play cricket with his son, when I hear someone say that is my little sister. When I hear his name when I see Laura Ashley stores or hear We three kings and when I see silent movies I will remember you Scott. It is not in one simple thing that we remember a person but in many songs they bring back memories and places where we were with those people. As I stand in church and gaze at the ceiling I hope you see how much I love you Scott. I wonder often when all is said and done what will people remember me by. I hope I leave good and some how leave something that my children will laugh at my mum did this and my mum laughed at that i hope they say. I run in the rain laugh at times I stop the car in the driveway and with the music blaring we run around it and get into the car we often sing as loud as we can be those are what i hope that they remember me. Silly stories made at bed times and cups of tea and hot chocolates bought to school.
The song by Eva Cassidy is very moving the song I love is by Rod Stewart forever young. Whatever song you love. Remember you will be remembered however low you may feel people will remember you and you are amazingly special.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6n-_LuIzac
Here is the link to an amazing song.
Love you always Scott and so many amazing people.
You are one of those don't let anyone tell you other wise. You are amazing.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment