Friday, October 29, 2010

Cake crumbs of kindness.

Have you ever gone into a store a tasted the samples that are out. I sure love those samples at a store called Whole foods the cheese is Magnifque yes not magnificent but Magnifique. Not just are the samples in this store Magnifique but the staff are amazing they treat you like you are the only person in the store. The customers even have picked up this trait. Not so in every store.
Yesterday we were in Lowes food the samples were out at the cake stand and yummy as always we each had some I even had some in my hand, my younger daughter went back for more the whole container fell to the floor. Her face fell like a frightened mouse about to be pounced on. I quickly came to her aid, I told her it is no big deal things happen. No one else came, a man who was with his child actually stood in our way making us feel like we were beggars on a street corner people looked and starred and did nothing. The Lady who sold the cakes said things happen and offered my daughter a cookie. My daughter felt embarrassed and hid her head into my tummy.
Anyone could of dropped that cake box anyone all of us our moments away from been that beggar on the street. It is like I wrote I believe at the beginning of the year or end of last year I saw in Walmart a man eating grapes I would of condemn him and the store probably a year before. But who am I.
I as a Christian should be the first to help and the first to pray and the first to walk a mile in another persons shoes. I have not always at all.
Ask me if I would of reacted to my daughter like that three years ago NO I would of been upset embarrassed. A lesson to learn is crumbs of kindness cost nothing but touch a heart for a long time.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment