Saturday, January 16, 2010

Walk a mile.


In life we all say things we wished we had never said. As this year moves on I am asking that we all think about this it is so easy to say I wished I could walk a mile in another persons shoes. But you can so to speak I don't always have to have the last word nor do I always have to be right nor do I always have to fight back with a nasty comment. What I can decide to do is listen and feel someone's pain or hear what they are saying and say to them I hear what you are saying instead of adding what I think. Everyone has pain they don't want to always know what your opinion is they just want you to hear them. Someone told me recently to be a person of less words I think there is a lot of truth in that.
Understanding how the power to really hear what someone is saying without putting out your opinion can bring a lot of healing. We all have opinions some are good some not. But to take a moment and just listen often you learn so much about someone else.
It is just a thought. Maybe in truth walking a mile is simply that getting away from life and walking in this amazing world God gave us and to see the really simple things that make us so much better people if we took the time to look.
So as you sit with your cup of tea today think of someone you could just listen to. They might become a real good friend to you this year or you to them.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment