Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Listening ears

I have several friends that just truly listen and have made a tremendous difference in my life. But that has not always been my life. When I was younger I use to talk a lot to my neighbor Rosabelle taught me the Latin names of many flowers. Taught me how to make jams and press flowers, she taught me how to make things out of clay and the memories of her are amazing. Many times in our lives we have no one and the road is very lonely. This past weekend the girls went for a bike ride I walked behind I was all alone. I did not like the feeling yet here I was it was not how I wanted things nor where I ever wanted to be at 42 years old yet here I was. No friend to encourage me just me and the lonely road. The road seams very long in my life at the moment and very lonely. I encourage anyone who is on such a road to join a group that is going through something similar they have the tools to make you feel not so alone and have truly listening ears which we so often don't have. But in these groups you feel at least for that time you are there not so alone and that others have made it to a brighter day. I surely hope that day is soon and that one day I will have those listening ears to help someone.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment