Thursday, January 21, 2010

The injured people we often pass by.

My Grandfather was in a Regiment called the Buffs. He served in the war. I never bothered listening much about my mum's dad after all he had died long before I was born. But as I sit here going through a separation. I am reminded after going to a divorce care meeting last night that grief is like going through a war. This video explained how divorce was like having a limb damaged blood gushing out. I have felt that so much over the last two years and more so over the last months as things have unfolded and the love of friends has supported me and my girls. The not knowing what has been paid or when the house will go. It appears to me that grief is much like a war no one knows when it will end no one can tell a soldier how long they will take to heal from their pain no one can stop that pain and no one can stop that war. My brother lost his wife last year to cancer it was so easy to say come on get going until my life crashed down and I felt my life shattered. It is in grieving that some how our hearts find comfort. To move on one has to let go of broken dreams or dreams that no longer are there. I found myself at the meeting feeling that I was not so alone I was not just a broken vessel forgotten by God indeed I was a broken vessel that only God heal.
So my question put before you is how many people do you go by and you simply say oh get over it or you will be alright. There is no words for grief but prayers and sometimes money if that is what is needed sometimes it is simply saying to that person that God counts every tear and See's your pain non of it is ever forgotten.
I am no one special but I do know this that I wished I had listened more to people who just wanted to cry a tear.
so instead of having a cup of tea with me today go out and find someone that you can have a cup of tea with and just listen.
Please have a cup of tea with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment